The campus celebration began in 1908, when a group of Rolla students declared that St. Patrick was the patron saint of engineers. St. Pat’s has since grown to encompass a full week of events, as well as campus traditions that begin in early March.
The schedule for the St. Pat’s celebration at Missouri S&T is as follows:
• March 4-7: Snake Invasion (students club plastic snakes on campus with large decorative sticks called shillelaghs)
• March 9: Coterie St. Pat’s Ball at the Havener Center.
Contact Dilek Acar at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
• March 11: St. Pat’s Follies, noon at the Puck, a campus landmark located in front of Toomey Hall
• March 12: St. Pat’s Follies, noon at the Puck.
• March 13: At approximately 11:45 a.m., St. Pat's Court Arrival in downtown Rolla
• March 14: Gonzo Games, 10 a.m. on the painted street in front of the Havener Center
S&T student Blarney Bash talent show, 8 p.m. in the Havener Center.
• March 15: Gonzo Games, 10 a.m. on the painted street
S&T student Blarney Bash dodgeball tournament, 3 p.m. in the Gale Bullman Multi-Purpose Building
Honorary Knights Banquet, 6 p.m. in the Havener Center
Coronation and Knighting Ceremony, 9 p.m. in Leach Theatre of Castleman Hall
• March 16: 7 a.m., Pine Street painting; 8:30 a.m., pre-parade party for alumni, family and their guests, Alumni Patio and Leach Theater lobby of Castleman Hall, 10th and Main streets
St. Patrick’s Day Parade, 11 a.m. on Pine Street in downtown Rolla
Post-parade party, Alumni Patio and Leach Theater lobby, alumni family and their guests, approximately 12:30 p.m. Free concert open to the public, featuring Red Jumpsuit Apparatus at 1 p.m. at the Rolla Band Shell
For more information on the events listed, see the St. Pat’s Board website at stpats.mst.edu/.